Thursday, October 22, 2009

New York Random

Clearly, I am at risk of too much navel gazing, which is another good reason for me to be in New York. There are so many people about, one can't help but focus on them.

Today I passed an angry homeless man dressed in all white. He shouted at an invisible adversary, "And another thing, greaseball, just look in the toilet bowl and you'll see what your mother looks like!"

A few blocks away I encountered two butch men in plaid shirts intensely arguing with each other. Finally one shoved something in the shirt pocket of the other and walked away. Bracing for fisticuffs, I gave them a wide berth. As I walked past I heard the one who walked away say in an angry voice to his companion, "What kinda sandwich do ya want?"

Moments later, I crossed 8th Avenue and brushed passed one of the Olsen twins.