Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Truman Effect

I was rushing to an appointment. I missed the weather report, so I looked outside to see how people were dressed.

It has been a cold spring, but it surprised me to see a couple wearing winter coats.

I grabbed my raincoat and headed downstairs. When I reached the stoop, I saw a computer screen. It was at the height of people's heads. It was strange to see it outside and at such a height. Then I noticed it was on a tripod. It took me a couple of seconds to realize it was a camera monitor.

There was a film crew outside of my building.

The couple across the street were actors in a film. They had their coats half off while waiting for the next shot.

Most people on 21st Street were wearing short sleeves or light sweaters.

The magic of Hollywood tricked me into wearing a raincoat today.