Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Fruition

I hate shopping, especially for clothes. It is annoying to take my clothes on and off just to check whether something on a hanger will look good once it is on my body.

I often wish I could approach strangers wearing something I like, check that we are the same size, and buy the garment off their back.

Of course, this isn't what I do to build my wardrobe. I shop like everyone else.

Except yesterday.

My dance teacher surprised me at the end of class by handing me a coat she wore a few months ago.

When I first saw the coat, I sent her an email asking if she had bought it recently and where she got it. It turned out she got it a while ago, so it was no longer in stores.

I almost forgot about it until she handed it to me last night.

What a sweet gesture. I am delighted to have it. I have wanted a coat like this for a long time.

Friends who follow astrology tell me the upside of Mercury Retrograde is that things in process reach completion.

My instructor told me she intended to give me the coat a while ago and forgot repeatedly to bring it to class.

Today, an old college boyfriend friended me on Facebook.

A piece of furniture I ordered in September is scheduled to be delivered on Friday.

A friend from high school sent me an email informing me that I would soon get the book she promised to loan me last month.

With all of the missed appointments, mixed messages, and transportation snarls suffered during Mercury Retrograde, it is sweet to savor these fruits.