Monday, September 28, 2009

Lost Moment

Last night my niece and I rushed down 56th Street to meet a designer friend at City Center for the Fall for Dance festival. Our meal ended later than anticipated, and I was concerned that I was late and that my waiting friend would be worried.

We passed two unusual ballet dancers smoking cigarettes outside of City Center's office door. These were tall men wearing full drag make-up, their hair in buns (with flowers), tutus, and point shoes.

Les Ballets Trockadero de Monte Carlo was on the program that night, so I figured they were members of the troupe.

Once I met my friend inside, I realized my camera was in my purse. My niece was visiting from Boston to see the performance. She has studied dance for many years, and attends a special arts school.

I will forever kick myself for not taking a photograph of my niece with the unusual ballerinas!